Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The term ‘NZSkillsConnect’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is *ServiceIQ (Service Skills Institute Incorporated), Level 14, Plimmer Towers, 2 Gilmer Terrace, Wellington.
Our company registration number is:
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
To be eligible to use NZSkillsConnect you must:
• Have a current email address.
• Not have been previously removed from NZSkillsConnect
• Not be a direct competitor of NZSkillsConnect
• Not have more than one profile up at any given time
• Have the power and authority to enter into this Agreement without violating any other agreement to which you are a party.
• Reognise that your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws New Zealand.
• Indemnify us and hold us harmless from any damages, losses and costs related to third party claims or investigations, caused by:
o Your failure to comply with this Agreement, including, without limitation, your submission of content that violates third party rights or applicable laws
o Any content you submit to NZSkillsConnect
o Any activity in which you engage on or through the NZSkillsConnect.
To be eligible to register as a Training Provider on NZSkillsConnect, you must offer and currently deliver:
• A national qualification registered by *ServiceIQ on the National Qualifications Framework
• A local qualification registered on the NZ Register of Quality Assured Qualifications (www.kiwiquals.govt.nz) that has a whole *ServiceIQ national qualification embedded in the local qualification.
• Civil Aviation Authority licence or rating
And as a Training Provider you must:
• Currently hold NQF accreditation for the qualifications you are displaying on NZSkillsConnect
• Be currently offering each qualification displayed on NZSkillsConnect within your profile
In using NZSkillsConnect you will agree to the following commitments:
• You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on NZSkillsConnect.
• You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access NZSkillsConnect, using automated means without our permission.
• You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
• You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
• You will not post content that offensive or threatening material.
• You will not use NZSkillsConnect to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
• Keep your password confidential, do not use other Users’ accounts and do not let others use your account; you are responsible for anything that happens through your account — until you notify us of a breach, close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to a fault of our systems.
• You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without NZSkillsConnect’s prior written consent. If you would like to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You own all of the content and information you post on NZSkillsConnect. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with NZSkillsConnect ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account.
When you delete content it may be held in backup copies for a reasonable period of time. It will not be available to others during this time.
*1 January 2013 the Aviation, Tourism and Travel Training Organisation (ATTTO), the Hospitality Standards Institute (HSI) and Retail Institute (RI) merged, transforming into ServiceIQ - the service-based Industry Training Organisation (ITO) for the aviation, tourism, travel, retail, wholesale and hospitality industries.